Sunday, March 28, 2010

under the blacklight.



Back in Berkeley, and back to class tomorrow! I'm currently in my pajamas in my apartment, watching (500) Days of Summer and avoiding studying. It's definitely a movie that I was worried about watching, but it's actually making me feel better, even though it makes me miss LA. I actually did get some work done today, but honestly, I'm just trying to gather all my energy and get ready to kick ass for the next five weeks of class! It's ridiculous, the year is almost over...I have five weeks of class, dead week, finals and then SUMMER! Summer is going to be busy but still, Berkeley is so much nicer when you don't have four classes worth of work to worry about.

I went out to dinner with one of my future roommates today and I am SO EXCITED! Even though I get my own room (and bathroom!), I still share a common area and a kitchen with two girls, and I'm really looking forward to living with them. I believe I start my RA job June 1...crazy!

Big news, readers! I signed up to take the LSAT in June...what the hell!? I feel like I just transferred, and now I'm applying to schools all over again. Ridiculous. In any case, it's kind of intense because I know people who take a YEAR off of school to study, and I'm taking a month long intensive class and then taking the exam. If anything, I can retake it in October...and if anything, I can always go to film school. In any case, I have options, and although I'm worried about not getting into a law school I want to go to, I know I have options and I know I'll be okay, and that's a relief.

Listening to Rilo Kiley's Under the Blacklight album on repeat lately, it's really comforting. Here's Jenny Lewis (lead singer of Rilo Kiley) performing an acoustic cover of "Silver Lining," enjoy.



And the grass it was a ticking
And the sun was on the rise
I never felt so wicked
As when I willed our love to die

And I was your silver lining
As the story goes
I was your silver lining
But now I'm gold


No comments:

Post a Comment