Wednesday, April 28, 2010

moving on.



As the semester winds down, I find myself looking back and re-evaluating the past four months. Turned in my last paper of the semester today, so that's why I look like a hot mess. Naptime, here I come! I honestly can't believe that tomorrow is my last day of class! It's ridiculous how quickly this semester went by; I can't believe I'm almost done with my first year at Cal. As much as I'm going to miss being in LA over the summer, I'm really glad I get the opportunity to spend the summer up in Berkeley and the Bay Area. I think it'll be really good for me.

I keep thinking about everything that's happened since the end of fall semester. Going to Israel, meeting some of my closest friends in Berkeley, taking some of my favorite classes at Cal, getting really involved in CalTV, going through some of the most difficult times up here, breaking up with you-know-who, getting closer with my family, deciding to give law school a shot, writing more often, taking more pictures, eating amazing food, listening to a lot more Simon & Garfunkel, my first Seder away from home, cooking more often, studying at Sacks, obsessing over Cheeseboard, etc etc. It wasn't an easy semester by any means; there were a lot of ups and downs. I made some of the toughest decisions of my life, but lately I keep getting reminded of how I've made the best choices possible. No regrets at all. And honestly, I'm the happiest I've ever been, which I didn't think I'd be saying anytime soon. I've got the best friends in the world, both in LA and in Berkeley, and I'm studying what I love and I'm just doing really, really well. It's been an amazing semester on so many levels, and I can't wait to see what's in store. I've still got to get through finals and the LSAT before summer can really start, but I'm excited regardless. Hooray for making it through another semester, I cannot believe I only have two more before I *gulp* graduate...crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment