Saturday, April 10, 2010

bridges & balloons.

One of the best (and worst) things about Berkeley is the sheer amount of absolutely amazing eateries around campus. It's amazing because it's great having a variety of interesting and delicious places to eat; it's bad because it's not always the cheapest option and it's not good for someone trying to watch their waistline! Regardless, I love it.


Ici is a Berkeley staple and one of my favorite places in the city. It's a gourmet ice cream shop with a twist; not only does it have traditional flavors such as chocolate, but it also carries flavors such as lavender, black-pepper pistachio, rhubarb sorbet, and more, depending on the day! On this lovely day, my friend Morgan and I adventured over there to see what we'd find.


Though I was tempted by the black-pepper pistachio (which was AMAZING), I was boring and got the coffee-fudge swirl. It was so delicious, perhaps the best coffee ice cream I've ever had.


Morgan was slightly more adventurous and got a scoop of rhubarb sorbet and Meyer lemon. Both were delicious as well!


Morgan also got an affogato, which is vanilla ice cream topped by a warm espresso, and in the case of Ici, with candied orange peel. It was mouthwatering, and I'm looking forward to getting one the next time I make it over there. Even though it's a little bit of a walk to go all the way to Ici, it's definitely worth it, as I am reminded every time I go.

***


In other news, this picture is to prove to my mother that yellow nail polish does look good sometimes! At least, I think so. Also, hooray for accidentally wearing Cal colors...GO BEARS!


Here's Colin Meloy of the Decemberists doing a cover of Joanna Newsom's "Bridges and Balloons." I usually can't stand her, but this cover is one of my favorites. Enjoy, and have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous of the ice cream, but it did get me excited for summer. Your nail polish looks great!

    ReplyDelete