Monday, September 28, 2009

surprise!

So, I survived last week, but just barely! Four papers in one week...crazy. Definitely learned some lessons about time management...less time researching, more time actually writing. And note to self, just because I *feel* like I know what I want to say, I don't necessarily! Ugh. But anyways, I turned in my last paper on Friday and then began to get ready...to GO HOME FOR THE WEEKEND! That's right...I lucky enough to be able to get tickets to fly home and surprise my Daddy for his birthday! Best idea ever. Usually my Friday's are laid back, but for some reason I was ridiculously busy...it was so hard to get through the day, haha.

I flew in Saturday at noon, and in summary, this weekend was awesome. Surprising my dad was definitely hilarious (he had NO idea!) and just being home was good for me...even though it feels weird to go back after living up here? I don't know, but it was weird going home...for vacation? An odd concept. Saturday I saw my parents and the boy, and Sunday I was with my family all morning, and then I saw Marie :) And, since it was the weekend before my birthday, I got spoiled by my wonderful parents! My mom definitely reads this blog (hi momma!) and got me some AMAZING boots (that weren't $400 haha) and the perfect white shirt, as well as a bunch of other stuff. I'll take pictures soon to post, but trust me, I am the luckiest girl in the world. :) I was able to see some friends as well, so it was great. My only complaint (and honestly, it's my own fault) was that I didn't really have a chance to just sleep...but whatever, sleep is overrated! Though I had the worst caffeine crash of my life, it was awful. Awful...oh god. Even just thinking about it makes me feel sick. But other than that, my weekend was amazing and I'm ecstatic about my life right now.

Well, except for the fact that tomorrow is Tuesday, and Tuesdays are ridiculously long...but whatever, I'm happy.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment