Saturday, February 20, 2010

baby you're my light.


beating up my workload, one assignment at a time!

Long time no update! Things have been kind of insane, between midterms, flying home for President's Day weekend (and conveniently, Valentine's Day ♥), coming back to school, and prepping for even more midterms and papers. Overall though, life has been exceptional over the last few days, despite a minor freak out at the beginning of the week. I was informed last week that I had been selected to work as an Apartment Assistant (the equivalent of an RA for the apartments I currently live in) for next year, and I was ecstatic to get the job! I also did amazing on my first test in my First Amendment class, got a ticket to see Bill Clinton speak at Berkeley next week (and there were only 1,200 student tickets available and the server was crashing ALL MORNING), saw Shutter Island, had AMAZING pizza at Cheeseboard (it was Roma tomatoes, onions, mozzarella and French goat cheese, garlic olive oil, and Italian parsley; definitely one of the best pizzas I've ever had in my life), and more. I always get sort of nervous when things start to go too well, but after falling down half a flight of stairs today I think it's all balanced out (even if I'm not, haha).


(in case you weren't hungry already, here's a picture of the pizza I devoured)

Today I took at practice LSAT and did...eh, well considering I went in totally cold and was TOTALLY unprepared, I did okay. I think that if I work really hard I'll have a decent shot of getting into a somewhat reputable law school...maybe. I'm still deciding if that's what I really want to do. I really want to take a year off after I graduate, but part of me wants to keep the momentum going and go straight to law school/grad school/film school/wherever. I don't know what I want yet! And as much as I want to say that I have time to decide, realistically, I don't. It's stressing me out, but I'm trying not to worry too much right now.

4 comments:

  1. When you do start preparing for the LSAT, you might find our free podcast helpful.

    www.lawschoolpodcaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I feel bad asking this because I feel I should know it by now, but what's your major again? I'm glad things are going well for you, and that you liked Shutter Island. ;) Good luck with post-undergrad decisions. I definitely know how nerve-racking it is! Though I have great faith in you, and whatever you decide, you'll be successful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Media Studies major (usually known as Mass Communications at most schools :P) I saw your review of Shutter Island and I totally agreed!

    And thanks, I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hola Andrea ¿qué tal Berkley? ya vi tu pizza y se me antojó un montón. Ayer hablé un ratote con tu ma y me platicó que estás por allá. Espero armar un proyecto y viajar para allá a ver unos archivos en el Museo de antropología en Kroeber Hall en algún momento este año y ver a todos mis amigos de la Universidd que se quedaron a vivir en el área y sacarte a cenar sabroso. Me da mucho gusto que estés trabajando tan duro, te ves preciosa en la foto. Si necesitas algo de México, recuerda que tu tía es profesora en la UNAM!
    muchos besos, tu tía Deborah

    ReplyDelete