Thursday, April 28, 2011

the head and the heart.

Photo on 2011-04-28 at 01.50 #3

Yesterday I went to go see the Head and the Heart! It was one of the most ridiculous nights in a long time...including the moment when I jumped onstage to get a copy of the set list :) Here are some pictures from last night! They were really hard to photograph because they dance so much, but I managed to get a few decent shots.

IMG_0159

Driving to the city...I really love the Bay Area.

IMG_0166

The show was at Bottom of the Hill. It was a small, intimate venue--the best kind.

IMG_0183

IMG_0209

The opening act was the Devil Whale. They were alright...not my favorite.

IMG_0223

Half of Team Alice! We now have a Facebook fan page...it's pretty great.

IMG_0463

FINALLY, the Head and the Heart came on!

IMG_0271

IMG_0227

IMG_0284

IMG_0364

IMG_0362

IMG_0279

IMG_0367

IMG_0372

IMG_0388

IMG_0408


Such an amazing show--their album is good, but it isn't until you see them live that you understand how absolutely incredible they are. Afterwards, we go to our car to find that the battery had died. While waiting for roadside assistance, we went back in to the venue and ended up meeting half of the band! They were all super nice, and Tyler (the drummer for THATH) offered to jump start our car. Unfortunately it was a zipcar and we had to wait for special assistance, but it was really great (and let's face it, really fucking cool) of him to offer. Charity hung out with us for a bit and was the nicest person ever. I have a lot of respect for musicians who take the time to talk to fans, I'm sure it can get annoying but we really appreciate it! After about 45 minutes roadside assistance finally came!

IMG_0467

IMG_0465

IMG_0466

Sierra was SO HAPPY to get into the car, haha.

Overall, it was a great evening with amazing people, and a much needed break from the stress of school.

Speaking of! I have my last day of class (ever!) today, my thesis is due a week from today, and then I have two finals. That's it! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment