Thursday, January 14, 2010

i could be dreaming.

I can't believe that it is January 14. So much has happened since my last post...Israel was amazing, intense, beautiful, question-inducing, disappointing, surprising, and more, all at the same time. It's really hard to explain if you've never been, but it was definitely a one-of-a-kind experience and I'm so, so glad I went. The best part was the group I went with, all amazing individuals that I cannot wait to see once I get back to school, and the group of Israeli soldiers that traveled with us...truly outstanding human beings. Over the duration of this trip I didn't sleep much, but I swam in the Dead Sea, covered myself in mud, climbed Masada, rode a camel, danced in a tent under the stars, sang, laughed, hugged under the most beautiful sky I've ever seen, explored, ate, cried, wondered, questioned, and above all found a sense of inner peace that I never knew existed.

I'm in New York City right now, and I'll be headed back to Berkeley on Saturday! I'm excited. I'm going to the Met today, and hopefully a show if we can get tickets! To quote a new friend, I'm stoked on life and excited to see what this semester (and this year!) has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment